That's all about to change, thanks to Goat Bacchanal: A Celebration of Wisconsin's Artisan Goat Cheeses - an event planned for Thursday, Sept. 21 from 6-9 p.m. at the Milwaukee Center Atrium at the corner of Water and Kilbourn.
This event is your chance to taste a wide variety of goat milk products - from artisan goat cheeses like Fantome Farm's fresh chevre, to goat cheddars from Mt. Sterling, to goat yogurt from Caprine Supreme. It's shaping up to be a modern-day "tribute to the goat" in downtown Milwaukee. Best of all - attendees will get the chance to meet some of the state's most celebrated cheesemakers.
Participating Wisconsin dairy artisans include:
- Sid Cook, Carr Valley Cheese, LaValle, Wis.
- Felix Thalhammer, Capri Organic Creamery, Blue River, Wis.
- Todd Jaskolski, Caprine Supreme, Black Creek, Wis.
- Diana Murphy, DreamFarm, Cross Plains, Wis. (pictured above)
- Anne Topham, Fantome Farm, Ridgeway, Wis.
- Al Bekkum, Mt. Sterling Cheese Cooperative, Mt. Sterling, Wis.
- Arnaud Solandt, MontChevre, Belmont, Wis.
- Tom Torkelson, Natural Valley Cheese, Hustler, Wis.
- Mike Watters, Sunshine Farms, Portage, Wis.
Cost is $20 per person and includes all tastings, wine, hors d'oeuvres and desserts. Attendance is limited, so contact Steve Ehlers at Larry’s Market, 800-236-1307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now to reserve tickets.