Of all the submissions from loyal Cheese Underground readers, here are my favorites:
- "Wisconsin, where the bubblers flow with butter" -- submitted by Amanda
- "THE WHEY WE LIVE...It's curds all the way in WISCONSIN!" - thanks to Amy
- "Wisconsin cheese ... bite me" -- courtesy of Kathy
- "Wisconsin: It's not just for cheeseheads anymore" -- thanks to Lo
- "Come to the Original Dairy State, because life's too short to eat bad cheese" -- courtesy of Sarah
And then there was Matt from North Carolina, who not only submitted four slogans:
- Live Butter in Wisconsin!
- Cheese, Wisconsin's Natural Choice!
- You say drinking fountain, I say Bubbler. You say wow, I say Wisconsin!
- The Bubbler and the World's Greatest Cheese, Brought to you by Wisconsin!
but who also submitted copy for an ad campaign. The Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board should take note -- here it is:
Cue the music used in the American Express ads ... and .... action!
Real Wisconsin butter with no fillers -$4.95
Real Wisconsin farmstead cheese made by a farmer's hands-$15.00
Using gas to drive around and find one of the last sources of free water at a bubbler in Wisconsin -- $5.00
Experiencing Real Value, Real Life, and Real Wisconsin -Priceless!
I couldn't have said it better. On Wisconsin!